Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your child’s campus for activities and important events taking place
Message from Dr. Marc Keith, TISD Superintendent
You may read the message from Dr. Marc Keith regarding the Accountability Ratings by clicking the link below.
The 2019-2020 Student Handbook & Code of Conduct can be found under the QUICK LINKS section on the left hand side of the page.
Thank you Oak Shade Baptist Church!!!
Thank you to Oak Shade Baptist Church for providing gifts and luncheon for our new teacher orientation this week.
THANK YOU AUSTIN BANK!!
Thank you Austin Bank! They provided lunch on Wednesday for all Tarkington ISD staff.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
All Tarkington ISD teachers, counselors, and administrators were trained in Capturing Kid's Hearts this week. The focus of Capturing Kid's Hearts is to build classroom rapport and teamwork to create safe, trusting learning environments.
We are so excited to capture our student's hearts this school year!
Tarkington ISD will be holding a Substitute Teacher Training session on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in the Administration Board Room. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for TISD, please fill out the online application located under the Employment section of the website. Once you have filled out an application, you will receive a letter in the mail. If you have previously applied but have not attended a training and would like to, please contact DeAnna McKay at
2019-2020 School Calendar
The calendar for the 2019-20 school year has been approved and posted. You can find the calendar under the Quick Links section on the left hand side of the website.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.