Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your child’s campus for activities and important events taking place
Summer Feeding Program
Please read the letter below regarding the remainder of the 2020 Summer Feed Program
The Tarkington Community Library is now reopened from 12 noon to 4 pm on Mondays and Fridays and offers free library memberships for Tarkington area residents. Call the library during open hours at 281-592-5136 and ask about curbside pickup options for books and other media. View library information and online catalog of books and movies at Tarkingtonlib.org.
Austin Memorial Library in Cleveland is also open and at this time is offering free memberships for everyone through August 31, with curbside service available. Tarkington students and teachers always qualify for free memberships at Austin Memorial Library, but that has now been extended to their families, as well, through 8/31. View library information, catalog and hours at www.austinmemlib.org, or call 281-592-3920 for more information.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.