The district follows the guidance and expertise of national and local health officials to help protect our students and staff from all communicable diseases. The District continues to monitor the outbreak of respiratory illness (COVID-19) caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Families are encouraged to visit CDC website for more information regarding the Coronavirus.
We continue to be in communication with our local partners and stand ready to take all appropriate measures.
Texas Health and Human Services has implemented a free mental health support line to connect citizens anxious over the COVID-19 pandemic and its restrictions with someone who can help. The resource targets COVID-19-related mental health issues specifically, and is open to all Texans at 833-986-1919, a toll-free number.
Counseling services are confidential and free of charge to people who call the hotline, which is operated by the Harris Center for Mental Health and Intellectual and Developmental Disability and Behavioral Health Services.
Promoting mental health awareness and taking care of ourselves during this time is more important than ever as many are also caring for others. Being mindful and aware of our own levels of stress is one way to begin promoting positive well-being. Resources are available to support you and provide social and emotional learning supports. Please contact your child's counselor via email if you are needing specific support or resources. Tarkington ISD is here to support you and your families.
As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.