Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your child’s campus for activities and important events taking place
Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month
2019-2020 School Calendar
The calendar for the 2019-20 school year has been approved and posted. You can find the calendar under the Quick Links section on the left hand side of the website.
Posted Date: 12/03/2018
Posted Date: 11/09/2018
Posted Date: 10/25/2018
Posted Date: 10/25/2018
Parents of Tarkington HS and MS Students,
Vaping has become an alarming trend within our district. It is not only harmful to our student’s health, but devices and components are also illegal for students to possess or use at school. The consequences at school include ISS, DAEP, required 12 hour awareness course, minor in possession ticket, and loss of driver’s license.
Please make sure your student makes the right choice for their health and their future.
Everyone at Tarkington ISD wants what is best for every student and will continue to be diligent in this matter through education and adherence to the TISD Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your support and assistance in this matter.
Additional information may be found at the link below.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.