Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your child’s campus for activities and important events taking place
2019 Future Longhorn Football Camp
Wednesday July 31 - Friday August 2
Pre-Register by choosing the option that is most convenient for you:
1) Print out the attached images and fill them out
2) Online Registration: https://forms.gle/Z2tRsvupveHtB1B18
3) Hard Copies available at the Fieldhouse or Front Office of any Tarkington ISD Campus
Pay by Cash or Check - $30 due by the 1st Day of Camp
Beginning Monday, June 3, 2019 the hours for the TISD Administration and Tax Office will be
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
We hope you have a wonderful summer!!
You can now make a donation to the Tarkington Student Foundation via Paypal!!! Simply click on TSF Donation Page below to be directed directly to the donation page.
As always, the Tarkington Student Foundation greatly appreciates your support!!
The Tarkington Student Foundation is a 501(c)(3) that provides scholarships to any graduating senior that pursues post-secondary education (Junior College, University, Trade School). Students will need to fill out the application and return it to Sandy Abke in the Administration office. Applications can be found here.
2019-2020 School Calendar
The calendar for the 2019-20 school year has been approved and posted. You can find the calendar under the Quick Links section on the left hand side of the website.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.