Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your child’s campus for activities and important events taking place
TISD Board Appreciation
We would like to say “THANK YOU” to the Board of Trustees for all you do for the students and faculty of Tarkington ISD.
Bottom Row (L-R): Paige Bostwick, Pete Vandver (Vice-President), Kem Arnold
Top Row (L-R): Kevin Johnson, Donny Haltom, Marcus King (Secretary), Grant Cook (President)
Congratulations to THS junior, Roseanna Files! She earned placement in the ATSSB 4A All-State Band on clarinet. Roseanna will perform with the 4A All-State Band on Saturday, February 16, in San Antonio. Great job!
Tarkington ISD will be holding a Substitute Teacher Training session on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in the Administration Board Room. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for TISD, please fill out the online application located under the Employment section of the website. Once you have filled out an application, you will receive a letter in the mail. If you have previously applied but have not attended a training and would like to, please contact DeAnna McKay at
Posted Date: 12/03/2018
Posted Date: 11/09/2018
Posted Date: 10/25/2018
Posted Date: 10/25/2018
Parents of Tarkington HS and MS Students,
Vaping has become an alarming trend within our district. It is not only harmful to our student’s health, but devices and components are also illegal for students to possess or use at school. The consequences at school include ISS, DAEP, required 12 hour awareness course, minor in possession ticket, and loss of driver’s license.
Please make sure your student makes the right choice for their health and their future.
Everyone at Tarkington ISD wants what is best for every student and will continue to be diligent in this matter through education and adherence to the TISD Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your support and assistance in this matter.
Additional information may be found at the link below.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.