TARKINGTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
Board Meeting – October 16, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Establish Quorum, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Forum
- Consent Agenda Items
a. Minutes of the September 18, 2017 board meetings.
b.Bills for payment.
- Central Office Reports
1. Legislative update was held at Dayton ISD on October 11th. (3 CE Hours)
2.TASB Legal Training at Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches on November 9, 2017. (5 CE Hours)
3. TASB Online Learning Center (OLC) is available for trustees to earn CE credit.
4. Team of 8 Training will be on January 31, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
5. Principal Appreciation Month per Governor Abbott.
b. Administrative and Student Services.
1. Professional Development Report. (District Goal 1)
2. Campus Improvement Plans. TPS TIS TMS THS
3. District Improvement Plan.
4. 1st Reading TISD Nutrition Policy.
c. Assistant Superintendent of Business Services
1. Facilities Committee Report.
2. Renovations / Projects.
3. TexBuy Cooperative, Region 16.
- Business (Items for Consideration, Discussion and Possible Action)
a. 2nd Reading Tarkington ISD Strategic Plan. (District Goal 5)
b. 4-H Resolution to approve local chapters the recognition and eligibility for extra-curricular status.
c. Resolution: Liberty County Appraisal District to remodel property situated at 2030 Sam Houston Street, Liberty, Liberty County, Texas 77575.
d. Resolution: Seeking to create a culture of voting and encourage all TISD employees to model responsible citizenship for the benefit of students.
e. District and Campus Improvement Plans.
f. Request of commissioner authorization as to reduce the number of required service days for educators without reducing educators’ pay per Section 21.401 (c) of the Texas Education Code.
g. TexBuy Cooperative Resolution / Inter-local Agreement.
h. Substitute Compensation.
- Pursuant to the following section of the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Sections 551.071-551.096, Personnel (551.074).
a. Resignations b. Employment. c. Legal.
- Future Agenda Items and next regular board meeting.
The November/December board meeting will be held on December 11, 2017.
- Schedule date and time for a board workshop.
Subsequent meeting if necessary to be held October 17, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.