Tarkington ISD Administration
2770 FM 163
Cleveland, Tx 77327
281-592-8781 – phone
281-592-3969 – fax
Tarkington Primary School
Tarkington Intermediate School
Tarkington Middle School
Tarkington High School
There will be Special Board Meetings held at 6:00 pm in the Administration Board Room on November 16, 2017 .
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Administration Board Room.
District of Innovation Plan
HB 1842, approved during the 84th Legislative session, provides the opportunity for Texas public school districts to pursue designation as a District of Innovation. An innovation plan allows a school district to have greater local control over district operations in specified areas
The plan was developed, reviewed and approved by the District of Innovation Planning Committee for Tarkington ISD.
The District of Innovation Plan for Tarkington ISD can be read in full at the link below
Tarkington Independent School District
Be sure to check out the website for your childs campus for activities and important events taking place
Thanksgiving Holidays will be November 20 – 24
Tarkington ISD will be holding a Substitute Teacher Training session on Tuesday, November 28 at 9:00 am in the Administration Board Room. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for TISD, please fill out the online application located under the Employment section of the website. Once you have filled out an application, you will receive a letter in the mail.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.