Tarkington ISD Administration
2770 FM 163
Cleveland, Tx 77327
281-592-8781 – phone
281-592-3969 – fax
Tarkington Primary School
Tarkington Intermediate School
Tarkington Middle School
Tarkington High School
Teacher – Billie Alexander
Para – Maleah Hallmark (pictured)
Teacher – Jackie Owens
Para – Kayla Parker
Teacher – Stephanie Shirley
Para – Cassie Street
Teacher – Dawn Angerstein
Para – Kelly Thompson
Tarkington Independent School District
** IMPORTANT **
As of 5/15/17, TISD cafeterias will no longer allow meals to be charged. Please see letter from Food Services Supervisor by clicking here.
DISTRICT EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to our Tarkington ISD district award winners!
Elementary Teacher of the Year- Billie Alexander
Secondary Teacher of the Year- Rolando Leal
Paraprofessional of the Year- Velda Rice
Support Staff of the Year- Shonna Evans
Thank you for all that you do for all of Tarkington ISD!
CAMPUS EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to the following TISD Employees of the Year!! Your dedication to the district is greatly appreciated
Velda Rice Billie Alexander (no picture available)
Primary Para of the Year Primary Teacher of the Year
Sandra Rice Susan Trahan
Intermediate Teacher of the Year Intermediate Para of the Year
Jessica Squier Barbie Braud
Middle School Teacher of the Year Middle School Para of the Year
Rolando Leal Jessica Herndon
High School Teacher of the Year High School Para of the Year
Robert Shepard Shonna Evans
Maintenance Employee Food Services Employee
of the Year of the Year
Laura Shew Katrina Fowler
Transportation Employee Custodial Employee
of the Year of the Year
BEST OF EAST TEXAS AWARDS 2016
Tarkington ISD has once again been voted the Best School District in the Best of East Texas Awards.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.
Below you will find the registration forms for Summer Camps being offered at TISD.
Basketball Camp (boys & girls, 5th-8th grade in the 2016-17 school year)
Drama Camp (grades 2-8)
Football Camp (incoming 4-9 grade)
Lil’ Ladyhorn Volleyball Camp (K-5th grade – completed)
MS Volleyball Camp (6-8 grade)
HS Volleyball Camp (9-12 grade)
Softball (2-9 grade)