Tarkington ISD Administration
2770 FM 163
Cleveland, Tx 77327
281-592-8781 – phone
281-592-3969 – fax
Tarkington Primary School
Tarkington Intermediate School
Tarkington Middle School
Tarkington High School
The next regular scheduled board meeting for TISD will be held on Monday, October 17, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m. in the Administration Board Room.
Teacher – Cassie Carpenter
Para – Shelly Wilson
Teacher – Laura Walker
Para – Lori Jamail
Teacher – Lauren Tooley
Para – Becky Placker
Teacher – Laurie Williams
Para – Christy Sanford
Tarkington Independent School District
Tarkington Round Up
The annual Tarkington Round Up hosted by the Tarkington Student Foundation will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2016 at Tarkington Middle School. For more information on all of the activities that will be going on at the Round Up, click here. For information/sign up for the 5K Fun Run/Walk, click here.
** FOOTBALL GAMES CANCELLED **
Due to the number of confirmed cases of pink eye (conjunctivitis) among Tarkington High School student athletes, all scheduled Tarkington Middle School and Tarkington High School football games for Thursday, September 22, and Friday, September 23, have been cancelled. This is a proactive decision taken by the administrators of both Tarkington and Diboll Independent School Districts for the safety of Tarkington and Diboll student athletes. The following letter was sent home with each Tarkington ISD student on the afternoon of September 21, 2016.
Please see notice below for a copy of the letter sent home on Sept. 21.
If you are the parent/guardian of a TARKINGTON ISD STUDENT please read the letter attached here. A copy of this letter was sent home with all students on 9/21/16.
Tarkington ISD will empower and inspire every student
to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world with
academic preparedness, a passion for life-long learning,
and a sense of social responsibility.
In the belief that all children should be educated to the fullest extent of their individual abilities, the Tarkington Independent School District's mission is to provide the essential academic skills and the necessary knowledge base for the student's lifelong learning. All students will be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological literacy. All students will acquire a knowledge of citizenship and their economic responsibility, based on an appreciation of our American heritage and an understanding of the importance of its multicultural richness.
The Tarkington Independent School District will:
• provide the student with the opportunities to acquire communication and computational skills needed for functioning in a changing society.
• distribute with equity, for all students, all educational opportunities and resources.
• provide the student with adequate facilities and opportunities to apply his understanding of the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom.
• provide the student with knowledge and skills for economic and occupational competence.
• aid the student with acquiring attitudes and skills that will promote good personal health and physical fitness.
• provide the proper atmosphere and opportunity in which the student can demonstrate an ability to participate in the American social and governmental process.
• help the student attain a knowledge, and an awareness and concern for important environmental and conservation factors.
• help the student develop and use problem solving, creative and critical thinking, and reasoning skills.